As outreach to the community of Mt. Rainier and its surrounding areas, St. John’s provides a hearty dinner for those that are less fortunate every 2nd Saturday of the month. Visitors are greeted by the welcoming members who prepare a three course meal and an opportunity to talk and fellowship with those that come through its doors.
St. John’s maintains a stocked food pantry that is used to feed those in need in the community. Residents of the Mount Rainier area and surrounding areas are welcome to come to the church in order to receive packages of food. The food is normally distributed at the church on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month between 11 am and noon.
Mothers' Union (MU)
The purpose of The Mothers’ Union is to be specially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life:
• To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding
• To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church
• To maintain a World Wide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
• To promote conditions in society favorable to stable family life and the protection of children
• To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
All adult male members of the parish are welcome to participate in the men’s group:
• Develops and encourages the ministries of Men in the parish
• Assesses the needs of Men and the work to develop programs and ministries effective in meeting their needs
Order of the Daughters of the King (DOK)
An Order open to all laywomen dedicated to the spreading of Christ’s Kingdom through prayer, service and evangelism:
• To be Christ’s faithful servant in the extension of His Kingdom
• To regularly take part in the worship, study and work of the Church
• To render at all times aid to the Rector as deemed necessary for the up-building of the parish
Episcopal Church Women (ECW)
Centered in congregations, the Episcopal Church Women (ECW) empowers women to do Christ’s ministry in the world.
• Develops and encourages the ministries of all Women in the parish
• Assesses the needs of women and then works to develop programs and ministries effective in meeting their needs