As outreach to the community of Mt. Rainier and its surrounding areas, once a month St. John’s distributes bags of food for those that are less fortunate.
For the duration of the public health emergency, food will be distributed by our volunteers in the parking lot at 34th & Shepherd sts.
Mothers' Union (MU)
The purpose of The Mothers’ Union is to be specially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life:
• To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding
• To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church
• To maintain a World Wide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
• To promote conditions in society favorable to stable family life and the protection of children
• To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
All adult male members of the parish are welcome to participate in the men’s group:
• Develops and encourages the ministries of Men in the parish
• Assesses the needs of Men and the work to develop programs and ministries effective in meeting their needs
Order of the Daughters of the King (DOK)
An Order open to all laywomen dedicated to the spreading of Christ’s Kingdom through prayer, service and evangelism:
• To be Christ’s faithful servant in the extension of His Kingdom
• To regularly take part in the worship, study and work of the Church
• To render at all times aid to the Rector as deemed necessary for the up-building of the parish