• Recruits, trains and maintains a corps of acolytes from members of the parish ages 8 up
• Assists the clergy of the parish at all liturgical celebrations of the parish
Adult Bible Study
This group meets on Thursday evenings at 7:00 P.M. They learn how exciting and interesting the Bible is and enjoy the stimulating discussions and gain new insight into the oldest and most popular book in the world.
• Assists the Rector by preparation of the altar and church for all liturgical services
• Maintains all sacred vessels, altar hangings and clergy vestments
• Plans, implements and evaluates all educational programs throughout the parish
• Oversees the work of the Church School, Adult Education Programs and Vacation Bible School
• Advises the Vestry on the needs of these educational programs and to supervise the expenditures of the educational appropriations
Lay Eucharistic Ministers (LEMS)
Recruits, trains and maintains a corps of Lay Eucharistic Ministers who will read and assist at all liturgical celebrations of the parish
Music Ministry (Choir)
Under the leadership and direction of the Minister of Music and the Choir Director, provides music for all liturgical events and other parish events as needed
Ministry of Hospitality (Ushers)
This group is responsible for greeting members and guests of St. Johns, and seating people and taking care of the needs of the congregation. They are responsible for making sure that the service runs smoothly each Sunday.